Movie Monday (I Am Number Four)Monday, February 21, 2011
We Rate This Movie: 4 (not just because he is Number Four)
"John is an extraordinary teen, masking his true identity and passing as a typical high school student to elude a deadly enemy seeking to destroy him. Three like him have already been killed ... he is Number Four." -from IMDbI Am Number Four is the story of nine aliens come to Earth to escape the destruction of their home planet, Lorien. These nine did not arrive alone. The Mogadorians, evil aliens, are hunting the nine. Their goals? To kill all nine of the aliens and then destroy Earth, like they did Lorien. The nine are being hunted in order, the first three are dead and John is number four.
We went to see this movie, because:
- Alex Pettyfer (aka Alexander Pettypants!!!)
- We wanted to see Glee- alien edition!
- The movie looked better than the book... so much better.
Parts of the movie, we really loved:
- Special effects- John's glowing hands, Six's super invisibility, not to mention the Chimera vs. the Mogs' pets
- Chemistry of the cast- they got along well
- The Mogadorians were all decked out in some wicked awesome outfits. Our favorite part? Their Shape-Up shoes!
- The Unexplained- how did the dog get from the shower to the graveyard?, They stole a house?, How did John enroll in school?, stupid blue rock?, His legacy chest (WTF?)?, Legacies in general, what are they (cause I have no idea)?
- Story of Lorien, uh what happened?
- Dog's CGI- something was funky
- The powers that Four had in the book were given to Six in the movie.
- no flashbacks in the movie, no backstory at all!
- no fight training in movie
- There is a scene in Pride and Prejudice movie (2008), where Darcy and Lizzie's first kiss conversation was duplicated in I Am Number Four. Sarah whispered to John, "Your hands are so warm." Lizzie whispered to Darcy, "Your hands are cold."
- When John's locker explodes paint, it was very similar to when the Glee kids get slushied.
- In Buffy, when a vampire is slayed they turn into dust and POOF!, in I Am Number Four, the Mogs died in a very similar way.
We recommend this movie to sci-fi lovers, people who read the book.
Have you seen I Am Number Four? How did you like it?